Real Wedding: Taryn & Spencer - Lake Mary Events Center

We loved Taryn and Spencer!  Their wedding was last spring at the Lake Mary Events Center.  They were a fun loving group and their friends and family were truly a pleasure to work with.   Taryn contacted us to handle the final details of her wedding plans.

Their day was captured by Kellie and her team at KWU Weddings. We asked Taryn to answer a few questions about the wedding.  See her insight into the wedding planning below:
1.       How did you meet?
We met in Atlanta at an event called PlayDate.  It's a monthly event that takes over a trendy spot with every game you can remember, a dance floor, a bar and lots of fun, relaxed people that are looking to let loose with friends or meet new people.  I was there to celebrate the end of the semester with a friend and we thought we'd try something new.  We liked the idea of it being an alternative to the club.  We felt like kids again, playing Spades, Wii, giant Jenga, and more.  But it was when I got to the Spoons table and ended up sitting next to a 6'2'' guy with a shy, gorgeous smile, that I felt myself really perk up.  In Spoons, it's similar to Poker, but when you get a good hand, you are supposed to grab a spoon from the center of the table.  The last person to grab a spoon finds themselves short and is out of the game.  Needless to say, at 5'3'', I was initially no match for Spencer, but after friendly banter and a healthy dose of competition, the rest is history.

2.       How did the groom propose?
Location: ATL Airport
He greeted me as I arrived in baggage claim. I remember that he had on his Stacy Adams and they were gleaming! I asked what he was doing inside. "Just came to carry your bags", he replied.

We began walking toward the remote parking lot and I started to ask questions. Where are we going and why? Spencer said, "just follow me". So I followed. When we walked outside, he led me to a bench and told me to sit down. I began to grumble and he told me to go along with the plan. When I looked up and noticed the sweat on his brow, I decided to comply.

He pulled out a piece of paper and began reading a poem he'd written:
"Love, you are an angel that fell from the sky
That's heaven sent, which caught my eye
You came down and made my life better
Through the tough times and stormy weather
I'm glad you came into my life
So I'm asking you on one knee to be my wife"
I kept saying "Are you serious?" and finally told him that he had the wrong hand! When he got it on, I stood up and said yes!

My shock wore off as we walked to the car and we both began to tear up. Wow!!


3.       What was the theme of your wedding?  Colors?  Why did you select them?
Our theme was based off the peacock and was all about celebrating in a fun, unique way with our family/friends.  We wanted them to truly enjoy themselves and experience a little bit of what made us special.    Our colors were peacock blue and clover green, selected because they were beautiful, vibrant and out of the ordinary.

4.       Why did you select Joie de Vie as your wedding day managment company?
After looking into several Wedding Coordinators and reading lots of reviews, we felt that we just clicked with Kerline and her team.  Kerline was easy to talk to, very helpful and felt like an old friend vs. someone who planned weddings for a living.  We couldn't be happier with our choice and can look back without recalling any hiccups in our wedding day.

5.       Favorite moments while planning  the wedding.

The pieces of wedding planning that we enjoyed the most were putting in all of the special touches that made the event so memorable for our us as well as our family/friends. The number one hit was finding and booking the PhotoMingle but other favorites included creating (and tasting) our signature drinks (Lee-tini and Spark-lee).








6.       In hindsight, how has having a planner been beneficial to you?  
Having Kerline as a planner allowed me to not worry about everything I was supposed to be doing.  She notified me when there was something I needed to do, reminded me when deadlines were looming and stepped in when I needed someone else to run point. 

7.       Any advice to make planning a simpler process for other couples? 
 
Get started early, figure out what YOU want before you get friends/family involved and remember that the wedding is really about you and your husband-to-be, so whether you are spending someone else's money or your own, make sure that you choose wisely when to go over your budget, adhere to it, and keep in mind that all of the little extras that you just "have to have" aren't going to be the things that you remember most, so don't overshadow it by going into debt just to have your perfect princess moment. The husband/wife, the pictures and the small sentimental moments are what you will carry with you, not the food, flowers, or those _______ (insert frivolous item here) that you just have to have that will tack on an extra $1000 to your budget.













sparkler exit lake mary events cener

We had an awesome time in part because of the AWESOME team of wedding professionals that helped bring the day together:

Caterer : Puff'N Stuff 
Photo/Video : KWU Weddings 
Chair Covers : Got You Covered 
Other Rentals  PhotoMingle 
Entertainment : M.A.D.D. Vybez 
Transportation : Above & Beyond Limousines


Until next time,
© 2005 - 2012 Joie de Vie Weddings & Events, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.

Comments

rekha said…
Great post.awesome photo's.fabulous dress. I like it.
thanks for such a nice post...

arnold rio said…
The photo was well taken..Its looking very nice and different compared to others…


Jaipur Wedding Planners

Popular Posts