Photo Credits: Artz Photo, Jeff Kolodny Photography, Munoz Photography, Bill Peck Photography



Check out the Joie de Vie Weddings & Events Blog for helpful articles and ideas for your event. See and learn more about our featured venues and our past and upcoming events. We invite you to bookmark this page and visit it often, so you can get the tips, guidance, decor examples, and all the other elements that will make your event an unforgettable one!



RETURN TO OUR HOME PAGE

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti's Earthquake! Please say an extra prayer.


I am not posting my Wedding Professional Wednesday post today. I've pulled it and will repost next week. If you know me, you know that I am a VERY PROUD HAITIAN-AMERICAN. Despite the fact that I was born in the states, I have a deep and profound love for the country that gave my parents life. I am in tears as I see the news of its capital and the heart of the country destroyed by a natural disaster that will take a very long time to recover from. I pray and I still have hope that the Haitian Diaspora and those back in Haiti will rise from the dust. We have family members, friends and loved ones that are still unaccounted for but I still hold out hope.

Below is a video that I've loved for years that truly is poignant at this time. It is called Pou Ayiti (For Haiti) and it just talks about how we've forgotten about Haiti and more importantly we've forgotten about her importance...We have not forgotten!




How can you help? Pray, have hope and if you can make a monetary donation, please make sure it is to a 501 c(3) like the Red Cross or Yele Haiti. Both of these organizations are allowing you to text your donations.
Red Cross: Text "HAITI" to 90999 to donate $10 to relief efforts in Haiti.
Yele Haiti: Text "Yele" to 510 510 and donate $5 toward earthquake relief.

Yon ti chante, yon ti priere, yon ti lumiere...

Until next time,





© 2005 - 2009 Joie de Vie Weddings & Events, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.

1 comments:

Wedding planning said...

I love this song very much.