Real Wedding: Angel & Dwayne - June 6, 2009
1. You still attend the church you were born and raised in?
2. You know half of the community you live in? and
3. You are active in many social and civic organizations?
Let's just say that guest list grows EXPONENTIALLY! That was the dilemma our June 6th couple faced as they prepared for their wedding. Angel and Dwayne had a guest list of well over 350 people and we had to come up with a happy medium because the bride still had over 350 invitees after she had trimmed the guest list.
We worked diligently for the seven months tying all of their details together and it was truly exciting to see it all come together. As I mentioned in a past post, this wedding was particularly important to me because it was my best friend's wedding. Well what was the solution? Two (2) receptions that took place simultaneously! There was a Church - Cake & Punch reception along with a Family luncheon. By implementing some traditional elements such as a receiving line, Dwayne and Angel were able to greet all of their guests and attend both, (yes both!) receptions and her guests did not feel slighted in any way.
Joie de Vie had three rules to adhere to for this wedding:
1. Pink wherever possible (Angel's favorite color for as long as I've known her) despite Dwayne's objection to 'pink' anything. We were able to tie pink in with her florals, designed by the fabulous floral designer Betina.
2. Great food. Dwayne's only concern in the planning was great food and drinks. He personally attended the tasting to help create the menu with Levan's Catering. Duane at Levan's created a signature steak that suited Dwayne's distinct palette.
3. Both receptions needed to be distinct, yet the church reception attendees were to feel as though they attended the actual reception. We had cake, which the bride and groom cut and all of the traditional things you found at a regular reception: food, cake, music and a bride an groom that were able to spend some time with all of the 125 guests at that reception.We worked with a FABULOUS event team that helped to make every moment of the day special. Here are a few photos from their beautiful day captured by the ever fabulous Scott Craig (Scott Craig Photography): RECEPTION #1 The Hargarett Church Fellowship Hall at Mt. Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church. Guests got more than just cake and punch. They were treated to hors d'oeuvres, salad and dessert.Instead of a traditional guest book, we opted to go with a "Wish Tree". Both receptions had this Tree where all of Angel and Dwayne's Guests were able to provide wishes and words of encouragement for their marriage.RECEPTION #2 The Family Luncheon at the American Legion Headquarters. This locale recently underwent a major renovation which tied in perfectly with Angel's colors. The cocktail area had large leather ottomans and sectionals which provided ample seating for her guests. Angel's color scheme was carried throughout the reception.
Coordination/Planning: Joie De Vie Weddings & Events 407-296-4008
Ceremony and Church Reception: Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church: 407-832-1387
Family Luncheon Reception: American Legion Headquarters 407-295-2631
Caterer: Levan's Catering (407)854-7949
Cake: Party Flavors 407-578-2082
Entertainment: DJ Kyle Larue 407-701-1503
Florist: Betina Paul 407-376-9455
Rentals: Bell Chair Covers Rentals 407-380-0389
Photographer: Scott Craig Photography 407-294-8105
Videographer: A Moment To Remember 407-489-3037
Transportation: Noris Limousines 407-240-4533
We will have a few more pictures of the details (paper goods, centerpieces etc.) from this wedding in another post.
A special thank you to my fabulous assistants Arlene, Naomi and Jacques. You all made this day extra special. Thank you so much!