Micheal Jackson: A Man That Musically Redefined A Generation

Micheal Joseph Jackson
August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009

The last two weeks have been filled with the death of the "King of Pop". Despite our different views/opinions of this man; he was a father, brother and son.

Michael Jackson's Thriller was the first LP that I ever had that was not a 45 (showing my age). Like many other little African American girls, I was going to marry MJ one day. I knew the entire routine for the Billy Jean Video and would have to wait until Saturday's to see it played on Solid Gold. Twenty-seven years later that album still sets a benchmark for a generation of music.

Michael Jackson will be laid to rest today. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family today.

Here is a great mix from DJ Carl: MJ Tribute Mix

I will say this to close: "I'm Gonna Make A Change, For Once In My Life. It's Gonna Feel Real Good, Gonna Make A Difference Gonna Make It Right . . ." (Lyrics from Man In The Mirror)

Until next time,

Kerline

Comments

Popular Posts