Photo Credits: Artz Photo, Jeff Kolodny Photography, Munoz Photography, Bill Peck Photography



Check out the Joie de Vie Weddings & Events Blog for helpful articles and ideas for your event. See and learn more about our featured venues and our past and upcoming events. We invite you to bookmark this page and visit it often, so you can get the tips, guidance, decor examples, and all the other elements that will make your event an unforgettable one!



RETURN TO OUR HOME PAGE

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wedding Professional Wednesday: Henk Prinsloo Photography

(due to problems with blogger, this post did not post on Wednesday)





A few weeks ago I met Henk Prinsloo and his lovely wife at a local bridal show. I must admit that I was taken aback by the quality of his work and his unique, creative and very distinct eye. Not to mention the quality in his albums was definitely one comparable to the best of the best we have here in the area. After previewing his work, I said, we must work together and definitely feature you on our Wedding Professional Wednesday Series. As an Orlando based wedding coordinator, I know that Central Florida is definitely a mixture of cultures and styles. Here at Joie de Vie Weddings & Events, we have been privileged to work with many of the professional photographers and at the end of the event, their eye captures your memories forever. Our many weddings have allowed us to experience that diversity for the last three years. Our brides are always wanting something different, yet unique. Henk's definitely one to watch Orlando. I present to you Henk Prinsloo Photography:

Name: Henk Prinsloo (pictured on the left with the world's best assistant!)

Name of your Company: Henk Prinsloo Photography

Location: Orlando - Melbourne FL

Number of Years in Business: 4 Years

Website:
http://www.henkprinsloo.com/ (For my photography)
www.woodenpalette.com (For my art)

Blog Address: www.henkprinsloo.com/blog/myblog.html

Tell us a little about your business and the services you offer: I am a full time professional photographer that specializes in wedding photography. I also do family, fashion, prenatal, and children's photography. As an oil painter I approach my work in a creative and artistic way, emphasizing photo journalism with the goal to document your day by capturing the memory. A very attractive partof my packages is the coffee table books I offer my brides. I design the books myself.The books are trendy, very unusual, and truly stunning.

How did you get started?
I've been a landscape photographer for many years and started with weddings full time when my wife and I moved to live in South Africa for almost two years.

Furthest place and/or interesting place you’ve traveled to while working on a wedding assignment?
Africa

What are a few suggestions you would make to couples as they are selecting a professional in your service are for their special day?
Make sure that you connect with your photographer
Make sure you understand the details of each package and what you get

What are the trends and innovations in your service area?
Coffee table books
Model for a day

Aside from reading blogs, what are some places you like to visit on the World Wide Web?
Basenotes.net - (since I am an independent perfume maker as well)
Artpapa.com - (since I am also an artist and draw realistic pencil portaits)
photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

If you weren't a working in this industry, what field would you be in instead? Why?
Fashion photography or perfumery: The high energy and creative freedom in fashion photography has always captivate me. I love creating things. A fashion shoot is a small movie set that tells a story.

The same with perfumery. The idea of creating something and have full control over the final product. I am working on creating a perfume line that will be nice to combine with the line of work I am doing. All brides love perfume. How many of them has their own unique perfume that captures the memory of the wedding day?


Favorite Reality Show?
Americas Next Top Model..... :)

Below you are able to preview some of Henk's work. Please be sure to visit his website to view his photo gallery where he showcases weddings form all over the world!

Until next time,
~Kerline






0 comments: