Photo Credits: Artz Photo, Jeff Kolodny Photography, Munoz Photography, Bill Peck Photography



Check out the Joie de Vie Weddings & Events Blog for helpful articles and ideas for your event. See and learn more about our featured venues and our past and upcoming events. We invite you to bookmark this page and visit it often, so you can get the tips, guidance, decor examples, and all the other elements that will make your event an unforgettable one!



RETURN TO OUR HOME PAGE

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wedding Professional Wednesday: Harpist Christine MacPhail


One of our favorite musicians in the central Florida area is Harpist, Christine MacPhail. I had the pleasure of meeting Christine a few years ago when she played her harp for a 'Day of' client I was working with. Christine has been a professional musician in Orlando for over 20 years, providing harp music for thousands of events.She currently performs for afternoon tea at the Ritz-Carlton, Orlando. Christine has such an easy going spirit and always has a warm and inviting smile. As our featured wedding professional today, I look forward to helping you get to know Christine a little bit better.
Name: Christine MacPhail

Name of your Company: Harpist Christine MacPhail

Location: Orlando, FL

Number of Years in Business: 20

Website: http://www.orlandoharpist.com/

Tell us a little about your business and the services you offer:
I provide harp music for wedding ceremonies, receptions, or any special event in Orlando. I play all styles of music including classical, Celtic and contemporary. My favorite events are wedding ceremonies. It's wonderful to watch the brides walk down the aisle and be a part of their special day!

How did you get started?
When I was just 6 years old I saw a harp in a museum one day and it was love at first sight!

What professional organizations or networking are you a member of?
I'm a member of the American Harp Society, the Orlando Wedding Group, and I often attend networking events with the Orlando Wedding Guild.

Any industry awards or recognition?
I received recognition from the WESH A-List as one of the most popular Musicians in Orlando.

Furthest place and/or interesting place you’ve travelled to while working on a wedding assignment?
It wasn't for a wedding assignment, but I did perform in Switzerland one summer for a lovely hotel in Montreux.

What are a few suggestions you would make to couples as they are selecting a professional in your service are for their special day?
Listen to music samples and talk with the provider to be sure you feel comfortable with your choice. A good working relationship is very important, along with the quality of the service.

What are the trends and innovations in your service area?
It seems that many couples are choosing a simpler wedding this year, perhaps something earlier in the day, with acoustic music at the ceremony and reception instead of an evening wedding with a DJ or Band.

If you weren't a working in this industry, what field would you be in instead? Why?
I can't imagine not being a musician. It's been a part of my life since I was a child. I do love language and have an interest in linguistics, so I might be working in that field, but I would always be playing my harp in my spare time.

Favorite Reality Show?
I like the dancing reality shows!

What show do you Tivo/DVR?
Well I'm trying to perfect my Spanish so I often record the telenovelas - Spanish soap operas - on Telemundo and Univision.
Christine's music definitely brings a special touch to make your wedding ceremony a unique one. picture yourself walking down the aisle as the harp strings softly pluck away a classical piece, a traditional love song or your modern favorite. If you visit Christine's website, you can find samples of her work available for download. Contact Christine today for that unique touch!
-Kerline

0 comments: