Photo Credits: Artz Photo, Jeff Kolodny Photography, Munoz Photography, Bill Peck Photography



Check out the Joie de Vie Weddings & Events Blog for helpful articles and ideas for your event. See and learn more about our featured venues and our past and upcoming events. We invite you to bookmark this page and visit it often, so you can get the tips, guidance, decor examples, and all the other elements that will make your event an unforgettable one!



RETURN TO OUR HOME PAGE

Monday, January 19, 2009

I Still Have A Dream...don't you?


Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
(January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)

Hello everyone! I have a very short post today on the blog. Joie de Vie Weddings & Events, Inc. is only a part of what I dared to dream a few years ago. I still have many dreams and goals that I have yet to realize, yet every day I work towards those dreams.

This weekend I had the pleasure of volunteering during many of the MLK festivities with the City of Orlando's MLK Commission. I was humbled by the group of students I was working with from the University of Central Florida's Club Kreyol and a few middle school and high school students that were paired up with them as we registered voters at Lake Eola and City Hall. The college students had a unique opportunity to talk to these young impressionable minds about college and the ability to make the right decision for their future. I could not help but to think that these young minds were truly experiencing a different world than their ancestors just one or two generations before. Dr. King would be proud!
In honor of Dr. King's 80th Birthday, I dedicate this post to his memory. If you would like to listen to the "I Have A Dream" speech, click on the link here.
Unbelievably, there are still unregistered voters out there! We were able to register four (4) new voters.

0 comments: