Cans For Comments

It's Friday! LOL

I have to thank my fellow bloggers, Lienne Stevens and Anne Ruthmann for the inspiration for this post.. With the holiday season here, it always causes many of us to be reflective and grateful for our friends, family and loved ones. Of course this is also the time of year that many of us increase our giving. Joie de Vie is also determined to increase its giving. The economy's twists and turns have truly affected many and now more than ever we all need to help those less fortunate than we are.

All of the above to say that from now until noon December 23rd all comments on my blog will result in one (1) canned good being donated to the Orlando Union Rescue Mission (OURM) Home. The OURM is actually one of the first places I volunteered at in Orlando (Waaaaay back in the day when I was a sophomore in high school) and it was and still is a humbling experience for me.


The OURM Home is 174-bed "transitional" housing facility, not an emergency shelter. Homeless women, children and families live in the Home for up to nine months, or until they are able to support themselves and move out on their own.The Home presently serves from 250 homeless families per year. The goal is to provide a safe, comfortable environment and to keep families intact while treating the problems which lead to homelessness.

For brides out there thinking of a favor idea...this would be an awesome way to give a meaningful favor. You can make a donation to a charity of your choice and have 'in lieu of' cards instead of a favor.

SO...GIVE YOUR COMMENTS AND WE WILL DONATE THE CANNED GOODS! Our goal is 100 cans! For those that follow our blog on Facebook or Twitter I just ask that the comments come through my actual blog (makes it easier to track).

(Photo Credit: Canned goods photo taken from Anne Ruthmann's blog)

Comments

Hey Kerline, I thought I would return your blog love for a great cause! Happy Holidays!
Kisha said…
I think this is absolutely fabulous! I know you'll make it past your 100 cans!! You have inspired me, and I would like to help in anyway possible! Good Luck!!
Elise said…
Kerline,

What an inspiration!

I'm jealous - wish I'd thought of it, but is better to support you with this initiative. You go girl!

Elise

Popular Posts