NWR: Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs-Jones























I had the pleasure of personally meeting and talking to Congresswoman Jones in March at the Orange County Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Incorporated's Eminence Affair. Congresswoman Jones was the speaker for the event. Her words were so encouraging to the Debutante Honorees. Meeting Congresswoman Jones was such an honor for me because I had read about her work and strides in local as well as national government. I was truly saddened when a friend called me and said that Congresswoman Jones had passed away on the 20th of August. Death always causes us to reflect on life and how we treat others. Naturally, it caused me to think of life and my friends and family. This woman was dedicated to Public Service. She demonstrated her commitment daily in her community, through her beloved sorority and her family. That commitment to service was there even in her death...she was an organ donor.

I express my sincere condolences to her family, friends and those she loved dearly. I know this is non-wedding related but it definitely caused me to reflect and also be reinvigorated to continue to live life with continued purpose and determination.

Comments

Popular Posts