Daytona is not just about the 500!

Last Thursday eight of my colleagues from the Association of Bridal Consultants and I set out on a 3 hour tour (sounds like the theme form Gilligan's Island, lol) of what Daytona has to offer for wedding and event venues. I was pleasantly surprised! I've lived in Central Florida for a little over 17 years and I had never been to the speedway! Well, I got a good taste of the speedway and two different sites which I now can refer my clients too.

Below are the photos with a brief description of our excursion.

STOP #1 The Daytona Speedway. Victory Lane Anyone? I would have never thought about hosting an event at the Daytona 500.

This is a great locale for weddings...yes weddings! There were several locations for that unique experience at the Speedway.



Row 1 - Ed Medici, Elise Enloe, Lynn Curran
Row 2- Kerline Docteur, Elisa Delgardio, Jennifer Bertling, Marcy Rodriguez, Andrea Cann & Creg Kennedy



ABC Members in the VIP Club lounge area. Birthday party? Bachelor Party? Hmmm...endless possibilities.





STOP #2: Tavern and Chapel in the Garden. This locale is a beautiful quaint chapel with beautiful garden areas for the wedding and the Tavern for the reception... all on the Halifax River. For the eccentric there is a unique train car that is great for showers, a grooms hangout prior to the ceremony or a great kids party.

This is one of the ceremony locations that faces the Halifax river.





One of the beautiful garden areas.




A glimpse of the train car that can be used for private functions or as a dressing area.




Stop# 3 The Shores Resort and Spa where we were able to view their beautiful outside wedding ceremony area and ballrooms. The shores hosted a beautiful lunch reception where we were able to see the talent of local area vendors.
Our lunch area. I loved these sugar cookies! The Pastry Studio placed these beautiful cookies at each place setting. We also had wonderful individual dessert cakes from this awesome local bakery.



Our luncheon was held in one of the ballrooms that overlooked the beach. The flowers were designed by a local florist at Details Flowers and Photography. Our linens were from BBJ Linen.



A fun time was had by all! It was a great day and it is always wonderful to sit with my colleagues and talk about the wonderful world of weddings. I look forward to bringing my next beach client to the Daytona area to look at the alternatives to a traditional setting.

Comments

Popular Posts