Photo Credits: Artz Photo, Jeff Kolodny Photography, Munoz Photography, Bill Peck Photography



Check out the Joie de Vie Weddings & Events Blog for helpful articles and ideas for your event. See and learn more about our featured venues and our past and upcoming events. We invite you to bookmark this page and visit it often, so you can get the tips, guidance, decor examples, and all the other elements that will make your event an unforgettable one!



RETURN TO OUR HOME PAGE

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mr. Fabulous!

If you know me, you know my addictions: music, food, weddings, parties, anything Martha Stewart and Mr. Fabulous...Preston Bailey. Well Mr. Fabulous has a great picture on his site courtesy of Brides.com. I think the picture is so adorable I had to start the post with the photo.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Bailey two years ago in Colorado. It was amazing to be in the presence of such a creative person. Here was a man who has had the ability to translate peoples thoughts to lavish soirees and unique parties that would keep their guests talking for years to come. Of course this was not an overnight story. This is one of years of dedication, a willingness to take risks and not being afraid to fail.

Well when my laptop crashed last October, I thought I had lost all of my precious photos saved on the hard drive. Fortunately for me, I only lost 10 months of items because I had a separate back up on an external drive (thanks to my tech guru who repeatedly told me to get rid of the old computer). What a surprise when I stumble upon this picture from Colorado:

What I really love about Mr. Bailey is his ability to translate simple things into absolutely beautiful works of art. My favorite by far was a wedding that he did for a Princess in the middle east. Customs dictated that he not permitted to be the women in the wedding party. He had to trust his staff to take over from a certain point. Well needless to say the wedding was definitely out of the ordinary. Below is a picture of on of the custom made chaise that were made for the Princess and her guests. Well as Mr. Bailey says: " Sometimes it's as easy as taking a breath. Inspiration can come from anywhere. It can come at any time. It can come quickly, like a flash of lightning; it can come slowly, like a gathering storm. It can, quite possibly not come at all. Or it can come when you're not looking for it. The key therefore is to keep your eyes open, your antennae up, your senses attuned to the endlessly provocative world at your periphery. Blink and you might miss it. Hold your breath..and the moment will pass you by."

Today, be inspired!

0 comments: